As an businessperson in Ireland, you probably already know that creating a successful online presence comes from more than just an attractive website. While your website is important, so is being found in the search engines!
You likely also are aware of the fact that the digital marketing world is constantly changing and advancing. In order to stay up-to-date with these changes, businesses must adapt and upskill with some online marketing techniques.
Digital Marketing in Ireland is thriving with huge growth in the importance of local search.
So what are the key essentials that you need to know to help your business with digital marketing?
High-Quality Relevant Content
How many people ignore adverts? If you are honest you will probably think – most of them! What is the best marketing strategy in a world of constant distraction? Provide value and answer the questions people are searching for.
Make sure what you say counts. Of course, what you mean to get across to your readers should be inspiring, invoking passion and calling to action. But almost more than that, your words need to have measure. This also comes across into search engine optimization – Put out relevant content targeting the keywords you want to rank for and be consistent.
Before you even begin writing your content, figure out your keywords by doing a little research via Google suggest or in Adwords. There are a lot of paid tools available to help decide which keywords to use in our content also, but if you are just beginning – leave that to the SEO experts!
One of the easiest ways is to Google your topic an then to look bottom of the page and Google will tell you what other people are searching for! Copy and paste all these suggestions and click the links to see even more related searches, then once you have a list of all the keywords that Google is telling you people search for related to your business sit down, put on a brew, think of some questions people would have around those search terms and write up a blog post! The key here is to be seen as the authority in your niche.
If I wanted some Local SEO in Dublin and there are 10 digital marketing companies in Dublin offering the service, 5 have no relevant content, 3 have no blog posts in the last year and 2 have an updated blog with some helpful content on how to rank for local search terms in Ireland, who am I more likely to hire to help me? I would think it is the person who established themselves as an authority and provided value.
Also consider these questions when writing to readers: Are your words saying the same thing every other webpage in the same niche is saying? Are you offering real, unique value to visitors?
Use Social Media to Your Advantage
Social media is among the most cost-effective ways to reach your customers. Social signals are becoming increasingly important in the Google algorithm, so use this powerful tool in your local marketing! Some key ways to use social media and not abuse it:
- Don’t dive in head first. If you are new to social media, pick one platform to begin with and start connecting there alone. You can work your way into other platforms as you find more time and comfort.
- Post regularly and consistently. Not only should you post on a regular basis but also your posts should be unique and uniformed to your brand. But beware – do not over post. Nobody wants their feed to be filled up with 20 posts from the same person. That’s just annoying and will drive clients away.
- When posting, keep in mind the time your customers are online.
- Make sure your posts are not about you but about your customers. Don’t use your account solely for the sake of promoting but find content and information that your prospective clients want to see.
- Do not forget to engage with your followers.
- Don’t post on a whim because, thanks to the ability to screen shot anything, what you post will never be forgotten.
Video marketing is huge now. Despite the fact that it is one of the newer forms of digital marketing, it is one of the best ways to promote your business. Increasing sales, appealing to individuals rather than masses and gaining more traffic are just a few reasons why you need to implement this promotional weapon. Did you know that you can improve your SEO ranking if you use enough videos? Tell a story, teach a lesson, speak the truth or post live videos to your Facebook page! These are some tried and true ways you can draw customers in.
SEO TIP: Embeding a Youtube video to a webpage is also a great way to get it indexed faster!
Make Mobile Marketing A Priority
Mobile focus holds a strong position in the future of marketing. We are reaching a day in age where more people search the web on mobile devices than other devices. Almost everyone carries a smartphone – even kids! With this being said, I’m sure I don’t need to convince you that mobile is the direction the future of internet marketing is moving. Because of the rise in mobile usage, marketers need to keep up with the changes in communication by knowing how to communicate with prospective customers.
- Don’t exclude anyone. Make sure your content can be accessed on all platforms and devices.
- Target local Irish customers in specific locations like Dublin, Cork, Donegal or Sligo by using Google Trends.
- Ensure your webpage is clean and easy to navigate & to the point!
Along with good content, know who you are talking to and what you want to say to them. You will likely not be able to reach everyone all of the time, so the best way to go is with engaging messages to potential customers.
Since you have a local business and want to appeal to local Dublin customers, you know that family and personal relationships are held highly among we Irish. Appeal to this. Because personalization can be overwhelming and sometimes confusing, start small. Begin with just personalizing names in emails and subjects.
Once you have nailed this down, move on to personalizing your content. Strategic thinking and planning will go a long way here.
Define your audiences. Who are you talking to? What are they looking for? By answering these questions, you will be able to strike a resonant chord with prospective clients. This is something you will want to assess periodically since customers needs and desires are ever-changing.
Search Engine Optimization
I don’t sell SEO , I drive more leads and sales for your business.
SEO is technical, specialist & requires constant effort to keep up with Googles ever-changing algorithms.
Thankfully, this is what I am really passionate about!
Especially dominating local search results as this provides highly targeted leads for businesses!
Did you know that 87% of searches on a mobile device are conducted in hopes of finding local results?
The basics of SEO include:
- Choosing correct Keywords & creating website pages accordingly.
- Good page titles, meta descriptions, etc
- Use internal links to redirect readers to another page on your website.
- Relevant links pointing to your website.
- Optimize your website for mobile devices.
- Use local SEO to your advantage! Make sure you are registered with Google My Business and claim your maps listing.
This is by no means an exhaustive list but a quick overview of the basics for your websites SEO.
In a world where cultural and technological changes are rapidly made, it is important to invest yourself in staying up-to-date. Always keep learning and keep up with what competitors are doing to increase business online.
If you follow the tips above, your digital marketing endeavors will surely be a success.
If you need help with digital marketing, SEO or Facebook Adverts – Give me a call on 0831906338